Countdown to Christmas: Five Weeks to Go

Leave a Comment
35 SLEEPS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! It's been a crazy busy weekend, but I've loved every moment of it.

Earlier this year Mum and I received free tickets to go to Simply Christmas at ExCeL in London. I’ve been to a few ICHF (International Craft & Hobby Fair) events in the past, but never a Christmas themed one so I was really looking forward to it. I got up and put on my red skirt, a black top and tights with my Uggs and completed the look with my Christmas pudding hat. It may look a tad ridiculous, but it is so warm!
I knew the show was going to be busy and crowded, but sometimes you've just got to step out of your comfort zone. Last time I went I made a mental note to get some steel cap boots to protect my toes from all the people who took wheely suitcases for their purchases (I am being 100% serious!), but I still don't have any so I had to keep my fingers crossed and my eyes open.

I have to say I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't nearly as Christmassy as I was expecting it to be and I'm sure that there weren't as many exhibitors as last time. It wasn't a total waste of time though as we did get a few bits. While Mum was loitering at a dress making stand, I went to investigate the nail art and ended up buying a glitter tattoo kit. I may have to take it to our work's Christmas do and attack everyone with it.
 
As well as the tattoo kit, I got a thimble so hopefully I can sew some of my guiding badges on to my camp blanket without pushing the needle through my finger, a Cinnamon and Orange candle which smells just like Christmas and a Magic Clip which means I can keep my hair out of my face with a little more style that a boring hair tie.

I was also drawn to a stand full of snow globes. I've always wanted a one and these were made even more beautiful by the fact that they were musical. Mum and I saw one that we both liked and the base had a snowy Alps like scene on the base which reminded us of Switzerland so Mum got it for us. It's now sitting on our mantlepiece and I just keep wanting to shake it and wind it up.
Just to break up the Christmassiness (it is a word, trust me) a little, last night Mum and I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I was a little worried that it wouldn't have the same magic as the Harry Potter films, but it was A-MAZ-ING! From the moment I heard that familiar intro music to the very end. I won't say anything more about it as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may be going to see it, but I will say it takes the phrase "living out of your suitcase" to a new level. The magic truly lives on! I have now developed a crush of Eddie Redmayne and I can't wait for the next one to come out. When is the next one coming out?!
The Christmas theme continued today. Today is exactly five weeks until Christmas which means it’s Love Actually day. For anyone who hasn’t seen this Christmas classic, the film starts five weeks before Christmas and it’s kind of become a thing that I sit and write my Christmas cards while watching it. After spending the morning book folding, I grabbed some snacks, my Christmas planners and box full of cards, address labels, stamps and gold and silver pens and settled down in the living room in front of the fire.
I won't be sending them out until December, but at least they are all done and ready to go for when the times comes. My next Countdown to Christmas post will be in two weeks time when we will be putting up the rest of the decorations to join our new snow globe and the Christmas tree book fold which I did as a demonstration at Girlguiding Croydon's Crafty Gifts Day last weekend.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig