Happy New Year!

Leave a Comment
Happy New Year to you all! Well, it's been over a week since my last post so I'm already doubting my ability to keep this up to date regularly. Then again we have had Christmas and New Year thrown into the mix so I won't shoot myself down too soon.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. As I told you in my last post Colin and I have been all over the place, but have had an absolutely fantastic time. After I finished work on Christmas Eve we drove down to Faversham to spend Christmas Day with Colin's parents and brother. I've discovered a new game called Dobble - you have to play it, it's amazing! Very basically it's a card game with pictures. Each card has several pictures on it and every card shares at least one picture with all the other cards and you can do about five different games with it. I was hooked and got quite loud playing it. Not Uno loud, but not far out. 

Anyway I digress. The best part about Christmas Day, for me, was not the dinner (which was scrumptious) or the presents (all for which I am truly grateful), but simply the fact that we didn't have the TV on at all. I didn't miss it one little bit (maybe only because I knew I could watch Harry dancing on Strictly on iPlayer) and it was so nice to just chat, play games and listen to music. 2016 will have more days without TV!

On Boxing Day morning we got up and drove across Kent for Christmas Day #2 with my parents in Brede. As opposed to the previous day where we were just five, there were twelve of us and we all seemed to arrive at the same time. We had a lovely meal and in the evening settled down to watch Inside Out. If you have not seen this film then go see it right now. I'll wait here while you do. It's all the feels in one and so accurate. After the kids went to bed us adults stayed up to watch that classic feel good Christmas film... Point Break (at least Die Hard was set at Christmas!)

Sunday we finally had our traditional Christmas breakfast (Ham and Sausage Rolls) and all said our goodbyes as we headed our separate ways. Well I say separate. Colin and I were heading back across Kent to have dinner at his aunt and uncle's pace, but we had some time to kill so we dropped into the Designer Outlet Centre and bumped into my brother and his family who we had waved goodbye to just an hour earlier.

Le lendemain de Boxing Day (I feel it needs a special name) saw fourteen of us sit down for the best pulled pork I have ever eaten in my life. The Taylors sure know how to put on a spread. We swapped some more pressies and then headed home to our own beds.

I am so glad I had a wonderful Christmas because that evening I was struck down with a stomach bug. I was hoping I had just overindulged over the past few days, but I only really felt better yesterday. It nearly stopped me going to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but I hate wasting money and we'd already booked the tickets. I don't care how ill I felt, it was A-MAZ-ING!

My Christmas break was extended when I went to work on Tuesday morning and quickly realised that I was not over my stomach bug and returned home and slept all afternoon. I already had New Year's Eve booked off as holiday and I had some more to use up so was luckily able to book Wednesday off too.

So yesterday, feeling moderately human again, we drove down to Deal for New Year's Eve at The Lighthouse. Colin was DJing before and after The Swinging Dice played and it was great watching him do something he really loves. The band were fricking awesome and if you love Rock 'n' Rock and Swing then look them up. After midnight they played a couple more tunes before Colin came back on and played the Dropkick Murphys version of Auld Lang Syne. He was wondering if too much time had passed since midnight, but it went down a treat.

This morning I woke up in the squishiest bed ever listening to the sound of seagulls. What a way to start 2016! Today's been a bit of a relaxed start to the year. We popped in to see the lovely Sandra on our way home, bought a new water filter (which I am way too excited about) and started Series 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix. It's only now that I'm sitting here thinking about going to bed that I'm realising it's the start of a brand new year.

Tomorrow I am starting my 9-day cleanse (something I'm even more determined to do after this bug) and I had to chuckle to myself when I picked this card out this evening. I'm really looking forward starting it actually and it's giving me the push to do my weekend walks again.
I am also doing Sunny Dawn Johnston's 44 Day Detox and this card couldn't be more apt for me at the moment. 

That's all for now really. I want to start doing some extra posts about different topics in addition to my catch-up posts, but I need to actually sit down and do some planning so hopefully you'll be seeing some of those soon. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig